Monday, April 1, 2013

I'm on a bus...again

I was only in Cambodia for one full day but I still learned a lot!

List of what I learned:

1. The Cambodian Riel (currency) is basically worthless: the USD is widely accepted throughout Cambodia   and will actually get you a lot further than the Riel
2. The Riel to USD exchange rate is 1:4000. It's strange to be handed a 1000 riel note instead of a quarter
3. Slap fights are a common form of entertainment for Cambodian men.
4. Cambodians have perfected Western food
5. The country is beyond hot
6. I sweat a lot when it's hot and as a result ripped my pants...twice.

Unfortunately for me the end of my trip to Cambodia meant another long and hot day of travel back to Thailand.

I've become a pro sleeper in any mode of transport so my travel day basically turned into a nap day. I had another 2 hour taxi ride back to the Poipet border and then a 5 hour van ride back to Bangkok. At least this trip there was only four of us in the mini-van which made it much easier to get comfortable.

We arrived back at our favorite hotel, Tara Place and then made another trip to Khao San Road for a quick bite to eat. I got a little snap-happy again with all the interesting sites.







They sell everything in Thailand including fake IDs
Thai Ronald
Pad Thai
 





Water guns for Songkran (Thai New Year)... there are huge water fights in the street 
 


There's a motorcycle under there...
 

I had a a great time in Cambodia but I'm excited to explore the rest of Thailand and ride elephants tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment