Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Still Learning

I've been in Hong Kong for close to 8 weeks now and surprisingly I still learn something new everyday. While I'm no longer phased by the tall buildings, crowds of people, or lack of good smelling food I wouldn't trade my time here in Hong Kong for anything. This place that once just seemed like a fun place to visit really is becoming home.

Although not a lot phases me here in Asia anymore here is another short list of things i've observed...

1. Asians use full sized suitcases as grocery bags
2. City U students are extremely giggly and immature (I said boob in class and you would have thought I was
    the worlds greatest comedian)
3. The emergency call buttons in bathroom stalls still confuse me
4. I found out that all the ladies crowding downtown on a Sunday are actually Filipino maids on their day off
5. I will miss public transport when I get home
6. Coordinating trips, planning housing for the summer, and general business in different time zones is hard to
    deal with. It actually takes skill to plan!
7. NEVER travel in big groups- it's more stress than fun

It's just a short list today, but i'm sure there's a lot more learning to come. Tonight Haley and I are off to the Philippines. In the spirit of exchange and "YOLO" we spontaneously booked flights Monday night. I can not wait for our four day adventure in paradise! Unfortunately, between now and then I have lots of work to do, and we have to go on a mission to find Haley a swimsuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment