Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Salamat Philippines

Salamat (Thank You) Philippines



Study abroad is far from stressful, but a sunny getaway is always welcomed by me. The Philippines were an amazing experience and I have zero regrets about my $250 spontaneous plane ticket purchase. Not only did I get to swim with whale sharks, snorkel, tan, see tarsiers, drink real banana shakes, pet a python, dolphin watch, enjoy a beach massage, and much more I was exposed to yet another culture different than my own. 

Our last morning was a lazy one. We woke up around 9:30 and had a giant breakfast at our favorite and most efficient beach restaurant, Tudis Place. Lets just say that most service in the Philippines is beyond slow and this is the only place that we found with somewhat decent hospitality. 

After checking out and one last walk along the beach we got a cab to take us to Hinagdanan Cave and then to the ferry port to catch a boat back to Cebu and the airport. The cave was cool to see but would have been better if we actually had time to swim. 

I had a great trip. I met some really great people, bonded with locals, and had fun taking more pictures. 










    

No comments:

Post a Comment