Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Organize My Life Days...

Although it sometimes feels as if i'm on a permanent vacation here (which in some ways I am), I have to take a step back and take a breather. We are constantly exploring, going out, and learning. All of the action is physically and mentally draining.

What was supposed to be a relaxing girls night in with a fabulous Italian dinner last night turned into something a little more eventful. Stephanie casually mentioned in one of our hundreds of group chats that she was at the hospital with Paul. To make a long story short we think that he had some allergic reaction to stomach medicine and he ended up spending the night in the hospital. His room was arranged after a $4000 USD deposit (apparently a 21 year old male is a huge flight risk-white people are always questioned here). Actually, i'm pretty sure that the deposit amount is the same for everyone but it was a little ridiculous.

It's times like these that you really learn who your friends are abroad. Haley and I quickly cooked up dinner and took it to go. We met Paul and Steph at the hospital; fettuccine in hand as well as some other necessities for Paul's overnight stay. Everyone else sent out text messages to make sure he was okay.

The situation was a little scary but all is good now. We did get a little laugh out of everything when I took a few masks for us all to wear (a prime photo opportunity).


After a somewhat stressful evening last night I think tonight maybe calls for an organize my life day. Believe it or not I do have homework, I need to put due dates in my planner, and organize a few more trips for the semester. Laundry has to get done somewhere in all the madness too!

No comments:

Post a Comment