Monday, January 7, 2013

Somewhere Over the Pacific

Somewhere over the Pacific it hit me. I just left the country for five months! I guess the nerves finally set in (don't worry mom excitement still heavily outweighs the nerves).

Although my trip may have had a few bumps in the road...for instance a two hour delay and a very good chance I miss my Hong Kong connection from Beijing I'm beyond thrilled at the opportunity to meet a lot of new people and see the famous city skyline for the first time.

So far I've watched two movies on the plane, eaten half a turkey sandwich (NOT provided by the airline), filled in my landing card, and helped my neighbor clean up a massive coke spill. Despite my eventful happenings I'm not happy to say there are still TEN hours left. I don't know how people fly this route all the time!

Just in case any of you where wondering I did purchase and eat my last American meal before leaving Chicago. Before I make the big reveal I'd like to make a few excuses for myself.

1. There were two viable (by that I mean edible) options in my departure terminal.

2. After a three week stint in England I have been craving buffalo sauce...a delicacy I know I will not have for yet another five months (hint..if anyone would be kind enough to send me a care package feel free I throw in a bottle of my favorite dipping sauce!)

3. It would be rude to not consume something iconically American before leaving the country of all countries for a whole semester.

Some of you may have guessed already but or those of you still wondering I did purchase a 10piece chicken nugget meal from the original fast food supplier...Mikey D's.




I ate it all in record time with my buffalo sauce and lots of ketchup and don't regret my decision one bit. I guess the New Years cleanse can start tomorrow.


1 comment: