Saturday, January 5, 2013

Packing Frenzy

I officially have only 11 more hours until my adventure begins.

My to-do list still seems to be a short novel and I'm currently wishing I was still just a little bit hungry so I could fit in my final "last supper" (although Dad's steak dinner was pretty satisfying). 5 months without real American food may be a bit of a challenge. 

I'm not sure if it's because I've only just returned from a 3 week adventure in the U.K. or the fact that the enormity of what I'm about to do still hasn't hit me yet but right now there are no nerves but a lot of excitement. The thought of traveling (again) is not that appealing but what awaits will be worth the hassle. 

I have successfully packed for five months in what seems to be a reasonable (Martin would disagree) amount of luggage. Tomorrow I will haul...

1 stuffed backpack (my purse and laptop are squished inside)
1 f a t duffle bag (a camera bag, sleeping bag, and all of my jeans weigh it down)
2 LARGE checked bags (all of my clothes are space bagged...hopefully the seals don't pop!)

Hopefully the 7,960 mile journey treats me well and I am able to adjust to yet another time zone change. 

I can't wait for the semester to finally begin. I know that I will miss home, my family, friends, and all of the happenings at IU but everything that will come from this semester will be worth what I'm missing out on. 

The 13 hour time difference may be a challenge from the social standpoint but I will nearly always have access to my email, facebook, viber (a free text/call app), and of course snail mail! 

Cant't wait to update you all with my next blogpost! Facebook me addresses if you want a postcard! 


No comments:

Post a Comment